The Director of X-Ray Source Engineering will lead a cross-functional technical team focused on designing, developing and delivering next generation X-ray source devices for the use in world class industrial and medical equipment.
Tribogenics is commercializing innovative new X-ray technology, creating the equivalent of the transistor for the X-ray market. This technology enables Tribogenics to create the world’s smallest and most affordable X-ray sources for dozens of industrial, security, and consumer applications in the $20B X-ray industry.
Tribogenics was founded in 2011 and currently employs talented scientists, engineers, and sales and marketing staff at a world-class facility in Los Angeles, CA. The company recently closed financing led by Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund.
- Within the scope of this position includes the responsibility for directing the development of unique X-ray source products based on the triboelectric charging principle and integrating these X-ray source into handheld and benchtop industrial and medical devices. Also included is responsibility for the full life cycle of the X-ray source products including sustaining engineering of devices in production.
- Additionally, through design control apply and instill into the team stage gate development principles such as design verification, validation, human elements and risk managements. Create an organization that is built on statistics and data driven decision making.
- As an organizational leader this position requires application of company safety and quality policies and procedures, assisting as a staff consultant on technical issues and the identification and protection of intellectual property related to the X-ray source and overall system design. Support of regulatory submission, QA and ISO registration activities is also required.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Physics, Engineering or other relevant disciplines, an MS degree a plus, with a minimum of 7 years in leadership of functional or program teams with demonstrated deliverables.
- Understanding of theoretical and practical fundamentals of electron tube design, development and production. Working knowledge of power tubes such as klystrons, magnetrons or X-ray tubes. Experience with relevant areas of engineering sciences such as material processes, high voltage design and electrical controls.
- Proven skills in all aspects of product development through commercial production with demonstrated individual accomplishments. Proven competency with program management, project planning and clear execution to budget and schedule.
- Knowledge of design control fundamentals, stage gate phase development and experience in creating verification and validation documentation and executing protocols. A working knowledge of quality systems and applicable regulatory concerns related to X-ray generating devices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a cross-functional technical team environment while independently executing complex tasks, providing clear direction and communicating detailed recommendations and results.
- Ability to resolve conflict and enhance collaboration amongst program stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple component integration with internal and vendor sourced piece parts and sub-assemblies. Proven competency with program management, project planning and clear execution to timing and schedule.
Tribogenics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Tribogenics is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.